View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 11:26 PM

I found the large truck stops pretty safe to grab some sleep in and usually cheap showers and a place to eat and get coffee etc as well. Have not done it for awhile though. Also a good place to hang out if storm stranded. Some of the larger ones even track the road conditions for a few hundred miles ahead on a constantly updated basis.
.Your diesel idling overnight both for heat and to avoid the next mornings cold start. About a quart of fuel an hour. Cannot quote on the girlfriend as I do not know her. As one member mentioned watch the weather. Usually a person drives until they are tired. The least problem then is getting to sleep. Have to wonder if I will ever again take one of these long road excursions and sleep in my car. The 123 passenger seat is not too bad in some of my past experiences. Another travel tip for what it is worth. When I did not have a lot of money hotels where a lot cheaper than motels. Although I could not believe I got a room at a nice motel in new jersey two years ago for 37.50. Getting to be about 100.00 minumin around here now. Have a pleasant trip.