View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 AM

Help me please, 230E lost "power" gradually and will not start anymore (KE-Jet)

I have a problem with my MB230E-1988 (KE-Jetronic) and hopefully you experts take the time to help me a little bit here...

The car gradually got worse over a week then finally choking totally and now will not run at all, it is sometimes about to start but dies shortly after, giving a puff out of the intake...

Been spending some time fault-searching and it seems like I cannot get fuel out to the injectors. I have fuel pressure to the distributor, but if i disconnect one of the lines out to the nozzels there comes no fuel when I try to start the car, not even if I push the intake air measuring "flap" all the way down manually...

So some questions arise...

-Should there not be fuel coming out to these lines now ?
-I was told the EHA could be the culprit, but can a faulty EHA actually prevent the diaphragm from opening for fuel to the injectors ?
-What operating voltages is normal for the EHA, I read between 2v to 3v
-What else can prevent the fuel from reaching through the distributor to the injector lines ?
-Should I measure the fuel pressure, is there something to overcome in the distributor or should "any" pressure do to get the petrol through ?
(I know that the primary pressure should be around 5 bar to run properly, but is it necessary just to get the petrol through to the injectors?)

Do you have any suggestions on what to try next it will be most appreciated.