View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Same thing happened to me today. Quite a delayed shut down. Afterward the CEL came on and the code read for the shut off valve. I cleared it and all is fine but I wonder. My car has not been starting as snappy. Maybe the valve is slow to open and close.

I am sure the veg does not help either. I have been thinking of getting a 603 mechanical pump for my 99 maybe from Myna diesel. I know it fits, Mauri has showed us that. That would take care of it. I got 32mpg with my 87 with the full load turned up. I never get that with this car and its electronic pump. I am sure the chip does not help that but even with light throttle doing 75-80mph I get no more than 30mpg if I am lucky.

Then how will the electronic trans behave without the engine computer?? I bet it will not be happy and how do you get around it. Does a 97 E300 Diesel have the same 5spd as the 98&99s? Maybe just use that computer??? That would probably also mean a keyed ignition with vacuum lines.

Probably not the easiest solution for the shut off valve issue. Are there any hybrid euro pumps that offer a different solution? I just have never been fond of the plastic lines snaking all over the place just to use an electronic shut off valve.

99 E300 TURBODIESEL Astral Silver 282K - AMG brakes, suspension, monoblocks, speedo & interior - Full Load Maxed on IP by custom Speed Tuning USA Chip - T3/T4 Garrett - EGR/MAF delete
98 E300 TURBODIESEL Alexandrite Green on black leather 289K
95 E300 DIESEL Green Queen 267K SOLD
84 300D 216k SOLD
87 300D 299K #22 head - intercooler - full load adj. - 8sec 0-60mph - SOLD
76 300D 214K SOLD