View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM

I know..... I guess if that happens it will be on its way down the road to the salvage lot. As mentioned, it needs other things as well and would probably surpass what its worth if I paid someone to do it and I am not much of a DIY'er. I would still have the lifter noise, as well as that knock between 1500-1900 rpms, but I think auto-rx may help it. I am going to try it anyway. I may be better off selling it now and let someone give it the attention it needs. . I have 268K on mine and I am assuming that surely this has been changed at least once before... but when is the question.

I still have to shell out $500. to get the timing belt/water pump changed on my 2000 Toyota. Its 13K past the interval. And wouldn't you know its an interference engine as well? Timing belts/chains can get very expensive on foreign cars it seems.

I do not know why I keep getting cars with interference engines. At least my Pontiacs and Chevrolet are not.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread. You must feel relief now that this is complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymr View Post
If you wait til something snaps, you won't be able to sell it very easily, if at all. That $500 will seem like small change then.

Last edited by 86560SEL; 01-18-2007 at 02:38 PM.