View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM

EBC green stuff. They are kevlar and dust clear or slightly white. I use them on every car I own to keep the rims clear. They have superior braking power to most pads I have tried and I track! The down side is they can get a kind of gravely noise to them... much better than a squeak in my opinion but something you are not used to hearing. If they do make noise, spray them with the hose while washing the car and rise out the dust build up. They might not make them for your car but if they do... very good pads! You can get them through tire rack. People debate that they dont last as long as semi metalic... I have not had that problem but it stands to reason, theres no metal in them! They have the added bonus of not eating the clear coat on your wheels the way normal pads will.

ceramic pads dust black and are hard to break in... you actually have to follow the steps to do it or they will squeak like crazy. Performance friction is probably the easiest and cheapest to get but I have never been a big fan. People debate that they eat rotors, I think its from not beding them in properly. But, like I said, they dust. They can glaze over pretty easily if you lightly ride the brake which will cause the to squeak like crazy. If they do, spray them with the hose to wash out the dust and maybe you can scrub off the glaze while driving. If not, pull the pads and rough em up with sand paper. Ceramic pads have great braking performance and are an upgrade to semi metallic but I wouldnt get them to cut down on dust.

Never spray hot brakes with water to rinse out the dust... not so good for rotors.