View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I pity the fool...

1976 300D For Sale Soon

I just figured I'd go ahead and throw this out there. I have a 1976 300D at my house in Nashville that I want to sell. I'd prefer not to sell it to pull-a-part, so I'm saving that as a last resort. Here's the description:

-1976 300D
-It has not been started for about 7 months. I had to change the coolant, and could not find a new plug for my radiator. (I was very much a novice at this time) It has one of those ancient radiators. I finally ended up driving it plugged up with a wine cork for a few months. It worked fine.
-Engine and tranny seemed to be in good condition. I drove it everyday throughout the winter, and it started up most mornings. (Except for a few very cold ones). It would benefit from new glow plugs and a valve adjustment.
-Now, onto the real problem. I'm not gonna lie. This car is rusty. It has some nice holes in the floorboard. Very convenient for making sure the road is still there. The trunk is very rust as well. The paint is coming off on the hood, and there is a little bit of surface rust.
-But while I drove it it was a cool car. This car is so cool that the heater doesn't even work. I'm not sure what specifically is wrong with it. I knew much less about these cars when I was driving this one.
-I would not recommend that the potential buyer drive it home unless he lives in the middle TN area.

If anyone is interested, just give me your e-mail, and I will send you some pictures when I get them. I probably won't be back home until mid February, so it will probably have to wait till then. But I'd like to get this out of my mom's driveway. She is about to get married and will be moving, and has already begun to warm up to her idea of cutting the roof off and turning it into a flower garden. So please help me save my car. I don't have the money to save it.

Logan

1983 300D Turbodiesel
1976 300D Rustdiesel