View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the info on the oil filters..... I guess I have the "Hengst" now.

ELLINGTON AND SHAILEY : Like Kestas mentioned, "Auto-RX" is an internal engine cleaner that is supposed to increase oil flow and remove sludge in engines and is supposed to be extremely safe. You change your oil filter, our in auto-rx (I had to add 16 oz., because I have a 8.5 qt oil engine), drive for 1000-1500 miles, then change your oil/filter. Engines over 100K are recommeded a "second" application.

I have read countless reviews, which applaud the product. It can be used in the engine, transmission, differential, power steering, etc. Same bottle works for all.

I am not concerned about using this in my engine, as I do not think anything would hurt it anyway... heck, it has nearly 270K. The lifters stay noisy on my car, as well as that 1500-1900 rpm knock, so I had to do something. If it breaks it, "so what - I will junk it" is how I am looking at it.

Someone on the Toyota forum has a Tundra with a funny acting tranny.... he added in auto-rx (only 6 oz. for a tranny needed) and it stopped acting up instantly. On the tranny use, you have to have it flushed afterward, with a T-tech.

I started my car today to move it and the engine already sounded quieter. Some people have reported instant results.

It is also supposed to stop leaks and oil burning, but my car does not have either of those problems.... at least not yet.

Here is their website:
http://www.auto-rx.com/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailey View Post
86560SEL,

What is the Auto RX product that you're using? I have a W210 with noisy lifters that quiet down about a minute after a cold start. I wonder if your sludge treatment might help.