View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
mmmmmm Diesel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZ View Post
My shifting got a little hard after I did a valve adjusment over the weekend. When I checked my vacuum lines I found that one of the vac lines going into the black box was unplugged. When I plugged it back in it broke, so I bought some more line. I unplugged the other line when I was putting the new one in, and I couldn't remember which line went in which hole. Blah blah.

Point is, I was getting hard shifts with one of those lines unplugged at the black box. But that was probably because it was leaking out. I can see it being unecessary, but if you don't seal off the T, your transmission will probably shift weird, right?

Also, besides the three vac lines that go into the black box, there are a few more holes with nothing going into them. What are they for? Two of them, in my car, have screws screwed into them. If there are no vac lines going into that box, should the black box holes be sealed with screws or something?
One of the holes is a vent hole. If the transmission is getting little to no vacuum, the shifting will be hard and abrupt.

Follow Brian Carlton's advice on disabling the 3-2 valves and EGR valve. It really helped me out. Now I need to fix the door locks and the HVAC vacuum systems.

70's Southern Pacific #5608 Fairmont A-4 MOW car

13 VW JSW 2.0 TDI 193K, Tuned with DPF and EGR Delete.

91 W124 300D Turbo replaced, Pressure W/G actuator installed. 210K

90 Dodge D250 5.9 Cummins/5 speed. 400K