Originally Posted by haasman View Post
This might help-

It is from a "How to repair a mono-wiper"

Tools needed for repairing the wiper arm

-Small mirror
-Dental pick or small Allen wrench

Instructions:

-Raise the hood for improved access.

-With the ignition off, rotate the wiper switch to the first position.
-Turn the ignition on and off rapidly, so as to move the wiper arm out of the park position.

-Move the arm manually to the straight up position.

-Remove the three-sided rectangular cover (lower end of arm) that extends over the cap by pulling it straight up from the bottom end.

-Using a sensitive fingertip or a dental mirror, locate the two small recessed rectangular openings on the underside of the cap at roughly the 5 and 7 o'clock positions.

-Using a tool with a 90 deg end such as a dental pick or a small Allen wrench, release the catches in the access holes while pulling the cap upward with the left hand.

-Now that the entire articulated wiper actuator is in plain view, you will see as I did that the shaft that extends the arm up into the windshield corners (twice per sweep) is very likely no longer lubricated.

-Remove all the old grease from the shaft and bushing using for example a cloth soaked with lacquer thinner or similar, moving the arm back and forth to expose the arm surfaces inside the bushing.

-Apply new lubricant and I don't mean WD-40. I used Sil-Glyde, a silicone grease which has a working temp range of -20 to +400 deg F.

-Reassemble in reverse order.

Good stuff haasman. Hopefully these steps will get my 1990's wiper back in shape. Currently fast speed is slower than slow speed (it almost stops!), and it's worst at the point where it extends up to the corners. I lubricated everything else but not the bit that extends it to the corners. Fingers crossed!
http://www.maylane.demon.co.uk/190esmall.jpghttp://www.maylane.demon.co.uk/190esmall2.jpg