View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM

W210 mono wiper not working

Hi all,

I have a problem and do not know where to start looking for a fix. First some history:
Car was "on blocks" for two years until I finally finished the top side rebuild (original problem was blown head gasket). I have replaced all fluids and flex brake lines etc. It _was_ a great ride until last night. It has started snowing here and on my way to work, the wiper started slowing down and the bottom part of the wiper blade had a lot of chatter. This was strange because there was no snow accumulation since it was melting as soon at it hit the glass. After about 15 min of this, the wiper stopped in the vertical position. When I go to work, I taped the wiper with my finger and it slowly made it back to the park position. When I got off work, I heated the car up and tried the wiper (I had removed all the snow before starting the wiper) and nothing happened. The switch seems to be sending a signal (I can hear all switches on AM radio ). The only change I had made was installing a new wiper blade a few days ago. The parts store said 24" although it looked a little bit longer than what was on it prior. Any ideas what can be wrong?

91 190E 2.6 5 speed 220k miles and this car still scoots!