View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 AM

W210 1998 E300 Right Rear Tire Prematurely Wore Out

Yesterday I was looking over the E300 and saw my right rear tire was worn in the middle of the tread...classic sign of overinflation, though even the inner and outer bands had more wear than the left side tire. Basically the tire is worn out with the center of the tire down to the wear indicators.

The funny thing is that I usually run all 4 wheels at 30-32 PSI and this one was at 31. But, it was about 2 PSI higher than the others...is it possible that 2 PSI could result in such dramatic tire wear issues?

The left rear looked OK. These are my snows (Pirelli 210 Snowsports) and probably only have around 10K miles on them so this is really premature wear. They have always been on the same corners over 2 seasons (the right rear was in the same location last season). I don't think there is anything in the alignment that could cause this but am wondering if the differential could be sending uneven power to the rear wheels causing the right tire to wear out so much faster than the left or am I just overthinking this?

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz