View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Thumbs down

No the ABS light does not flicker or come on when i stall or decelerate.
It has only lit up three times:
*The first time a fuse was blown and after I replaced it everything went back to normal.
*The second time was when my battery was flat.
*The third time the battery was flat too.
(After this i discovered that the generator cable was not conducting.)

Isn't it correct that the ABS light will go ON if the battery is not charged enough?

Maybe i'm blind but I looked at the links you guys gave me and I couldn't find a circuit diagram for my car..I think one of those would really help me out..Or even better would be that CD-ROM that I see some people are talking about.
I went to my local Mercedes dealer and asked for circuit diagrams but he said that they were business secrets...

It does appear like someone has been messing about with the electrical system in my car, for example when I remove the fuse holder it looks like someone has been BYPASSING a lot of the fuses from underneath...
The car has been having a lot of problems before as well, we even had that SS Syndrome when we first aquired the car.
That time it was one of the controller PCBs that had a crack in the middle and one of the previous owners had tried to solder it back together again.
Sometimes it would crack open and then the car just died.
I don't know much more about that problem. It was a couple of years ago and the car was owned by my brother at the time.
If it will help at all I can ask him more details and fill out that SSS form for that incident..

Cheers
Morgan