Components in overhead panel are the switches, bulbs and the ultra-sonic sensor for the alarm. In some models there is also a temperature sensor.
(In the UK anyway)
I would suggest you inspect inside of panel for a possible short.
This might sound silly, but have you smelt around the panel.
If you are getting a short there should be a typical "Insulation Frying" smell.
If you have access to a Multi-Tester check for any power use when everything is off.
Could just be coincidence - if you are on original battery and colds nights coming now. This always shows up a weak battery.