View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
No crying in baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 benze View Post
I have bought a 1987 420 sel. my problems are ...1) I have to fill it up with oil more than twice a week. 2) my fan makes funney sounds and starts and stops spinning(I think i need a fan cluch). 3)idle problems. However bad this sounds, the car runs good. I'am trying to restore the best i can. I put new brakes,spark plugs and wires,distruber,oil change with filter,new gas filter, transmission filter and front end alignment.MY questions are, what can i do to stop useing so much oil every week. i have 180,000 on this car and i want to keep it. Any insight would be very helpful.....
Benze- whatever you do don't give up. I just finished restoring my 1990 420 Sel and it was worth it. I had the same problems with the idle and then ran BG 5 a fuel system cleaner through three tanks of gas and this helped. There was a thread about this very subject last week and the general consensous had something to do with the intake valve seals, cups (?) cruise the search engine. Did you do the timing chain yet and motor mounts?