View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 01:47 PM

1993 300E Electrical Issues

My Dad and I just removed the engine/transmission in my 1993 300e 3.2L to replace the head gasket, rear main, etc. We also replaced the engine wiring harness (exactly as it should be installed). We put the engine back in and it runs like a top with NO LEAKS!

But, now that everything is back together, the front dome light and the seat belt flashing light do not come on at all (with or without doors open). The interior lower door lights DO come on when the door is open but not the dome light.

Also, my battery, which is less than a year old, is being drained by something now that the car is back together. It has to be recharged every few days or so. Evidently the two problems are related, seeing that I had neither problems before we took it all apart. I checked all fuses; they all look good.

I think I may have put a ground wire on improperly. Could this cause these problems?

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I have replaced many parts on the car, and it is now a super nice car, but it has these two issues.

Please help.

Last edited by yowhatup; 10-03-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Reword