View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Lew

I've got about 20k on a blend. I started blending WVO with regular unleaded, up to 20%, which worked great until I added heat (a 26-plate flat plate heat exchanger and injector line heaters), which vaporised the gas and gave me trouble. I still add a bit of gas. My current (winter) blend is a half gallon of gas, 5.5 gallons of diesel, and 14-19 gallons of WVO (20-25 gallons total, depending on ambient temps). It's running great.

In my opinion, the cleaning properties are the fact that WVO suffocates any algae in your tank. You'd be surprised how much there is in there. Lots of primary filters and secondary filters are a must, unless you clean your system with a fungicide. Star Brite makes a good product for this. I didn't use it, and it took about 5,000 miles to get to a point that I'm not replacing filters weekly.

If your fuel system isn't heated, I'd suggest (based on a number of success stories) blending WVO with regular unleaded gasoline (RUG). Start at a 20% blend. For more information, visit biodiesel.infopop.cc