View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 12:26 AM

Lightbulb Block Heat Resets Breaker & Flashing Rear Defrost Light

About 2 weeks ago, I notcied that when I plug my block heater into the recepticle it would resets the breaker at my electrical pannel at home. So I discontiued using it.

Is it a simple fix of putting in a new cord and heater? Or could it be something more complicated?

Secondly with this -20 oC weather, I experienced a drained battery today when trying to start the vehicle after leaving it off for 20 min. while shopping. I got a boost and made it home. While driving home I notcied the rear defrost light flashing for about 10sec. and doing this every minute or so.

I left the vehicle idling on the road while I cleared out the garage and then I drove it in. While the vehicle was idling on the road I notcied the rear tail lights DIMMING, inside the vehicle the radio had turned off and the blow motor for the heat was slowing down. I turned off the headlight and the radio came on and the blow motor went back to full speed. I quickly drove the vehicle into the garage and turned if off. It won't start, and I'm wondering if this could be more than just an putting in a new battery.

I had the alternator rebuilt in February 2006. But the battery has been in the vehicle since I bought it in November 2005, so who knows how old it is. I going to purchase a new one tommorow, but I'm thinking it will not solve this problem.

Any ideas would be apprechiated. Thanks.