View Single Post
Old 11-22-2001, 02:15 PM

loubapache --

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.

I realize recouping that repair $$$ wouldn't be realistic. I just don't want to see the car go for $3k or $4k on eBay or have some dealer take it on a trade only to be auctioned off. I'd like to sell it to someone who appreciates these old cars for what they are. The average joe-car-guy would take a look at a 15 year old car with almost 250k miles on it and just assume it's ready for the scrapyard. That couldn't be further from the truth.

How long are you going to be in the Chicago west suburbs? Reason I'm asking is today and tomorrow I'm stuck here at the office and Saturday on-call. Plus, this morning, the MB left for a trip to the north-western most corner of Nebraska. Shortly after my original post, I got the call. My ex's grandmother passed away and needed a car big enough to haul 4 adults and an infant seat. They should be back sometime early next week, but couldn't swear to which day. My mobile phone number is (847) 612-7095. Feel free to give me a call or e-mail if you will be in the area for a few more days.

Current:
11 MB S550 4Matic, 55k miles, Designo Black/Black
14 Ford F150 XLT Lariat Crew, 73k miles, 5.0
Coyote V8 4x4. Black/tan.
09 GMC Envoy Denali, 5.3 V8, 4x4 SWB. 38k miles,
Jewel Red/Med Gray.

Gone:
87 MB 300SDL, 320k miles, Astral Silver/Blue.
98 VW Jetta TDI, 488k miles, Classic Green/Gray.
85 Olds 98 Brougham FWD, 4.3 DIESEL V6, 80k
miles, 3x Gray.

MBCA Member, Chicago Region