View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:24 PM

Yeah, thats the thing he said it could be, but I did not mention that it had bad MPG.... I never got a chance. He said it was an expensive repair.

Stalling... yes, it does this, but only when temperatures are above 70°. Its really a problem in the spring and summer and fall. Hard starting is never. It always starts at the turn of the key.... starts instantly, no matter the temperature. Even if its bitter cold... like 18°F, it starts instantly.

That is one thing that is so puzzling.

Someone said O2 sensor.... I am assuming its OK, because the warning light is not illuminated.

My main problem is the rough idle (like a miss) when in park/neutral and when it initially shifts into 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th it will miss. Not always missing, but often. Sudden MPG decrease has also occured. I am now getting 12 mpg and was getting 21 mpg.

Also, power is low, which it always has been since I have owned it. Maybe its normal though.... I had a 90' Lexus LS400 before this, that was quite powerful at low RPMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user name View Post
a sudden decrease in gas milage on a 380 is somtimes a defective warm up compensator ,, stalling and hard starting also are symptoms..