View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450slcguy View Post
The cold war never ended IMO, just in remission for a decade or so.
We now have 2 cold wars fronts, China being the newest player. I have little faith in Russia or China when it comes to resolving international hot spots. From what I see, Russia and China are building an alliance together to counter the US, no matter what the issue or how sincere our objectives are.

Russia is modernizing their nuclear weapons capabilities and they are falling way behind in their agreement to destroy older nuclear stockpiles. China is rapidly expanding their space program and has recently developed ground based weapon systems meant to destroy orbiting satellites.

What are the Russians doing to counter extremism and terrorism? Why is Russia supplying Iran with advanced weapon systems? How innocent is China concerning N. Korea's nuclear weapons program? Where is N. Korea getting their nuclear hardware and and knowledge from? Why is China developing satellite killing technology? Not to mention both countries lack of support, cooperation or sincerity concerning UN resolutions to combat aggressive rouge regimes.

Sure Russia and China talk, but with toothless smiles. They love seeing the US sink in world affairs, as they floats their own boats with new infusions of monetary wealth. And what about NATO, our supposed "allies"? That's a almost a joke when it comes to contributing troops and strengthening our alliance. The US is being left mostly holding the bag when it comes to fighting the evil forces that are threatening our western world beliefs. Little support, shrinking NATO defense budgets, and America bashing is all I see from the majority of our supposed NATO allies.
Russia has coveted good relations with Iran for a long time. Back in the 1800s, they competed with Engand for influence and holdings there.

The Russians, Chinese, and NATO members are not obligated to salute our every desire. We've been behaving like lords of the walk for a while now. Not surprising that other nations take a dim view of that.

Our downward spiral is not the fault of other nations.