View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Chairman of my Benz

Well there is a saying back more then 10 years ago when I was an undergrad in college. You first get your BS, which is Bull Sh#%. Then you decide to take the next step and get your MS which is More Sh#%. And finally you make that life decision and get your Ph.D., which is Piled High and Deeper.

Well I am past the BS and MS, and now I am working on the Ph. D (not for real but at least on this project.). I looked at the housing numbers and they matched between the two cars. 123 351 0101. I didn’t match the gear numbers but I took peek at inside the 300SD and it is 123 353 0112 3.07. So while all of you were posting on this thread, I was busy removing this pumpkin from the SD. Now I own it and I am in it deeper! In the next month I will find out if this can be accomplished! Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
You ought to rethink this.

The 2.88 gets the 617 down to a much more comfortable rpm at 70 mph. Also, the fuel economy with the 2.88 is improved by a few percent.....
I did think about it and would love the gas mileage. In addition to the speedo calibration, the other problem is when I take my regular business trip down to Los Angeles, there is a tall hill called the "Grape Vine" that kills the 300D. I need all the climbling power I can get!

Last edited by DeliveryValve; 02-18-2007 at 07:47 PM.