View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
Drunk and no insurance? Then caused accident with injury? Damn, my first reaction would be to want to throw hydrochloric acid in his face and chop his hands off, so he would never drive again. This person should NEVER drive again, ever. That is just my rage talking.

I am so very very sorry about this. No question, the wieght and bulk of your SUV saved you. It's good you were in one, when it happened, imagine if the DRUNK guy was in one and you were in some little tin can of a vehicle.

Take care, and USED your insurance, check the policy, get reimbursed for EVERYTHING, pain and suffering, loss of use (rental), and get the SUV fixed right the first time. If you have Uninsured Motorists BI/PO coverage, keep in mind that in a situation like this basically you are in an adverserial situation with your own Insurer, because they are standing in the shoes of the Uninsured motorist here and will try to get out of it by paying you as little as possible.

Good luck
I was hoping he'd croak but the wife insisted on doing what she could to keep him alive. I lack medical skills so all I could do was stand by.

The wife suggested we get some tin can which got better gas mileage to take her to work. Told her that she could earn more money to pay for the gas but she cannot earn more money to pay for body reconstruction.

My insurance is footing the bill less my deductible. I have Uninsured Motorist coverage so I will be very careful and watch my insurance.

Thanx.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow