View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 03:14 PM

As seen on Cars.com ('79 280CE)

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_31_%7CB-3000%7CN-N%7CR-500%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-61920&aff=chitrib&paId=211532592&recnum=25&leadExists=true

I like this guy's ad; dig the climate control description:

" Selling Points: CLASSIC MBZ COUPE. RUNS GOOD. BODY GOOD. NEW STARTER, NEW BATTERY NO CUP HOLDERS.STARTS EVERY TIME. DOES NOT BURN OIL. This is the car we use as backup whenever we have to take the 2004 Nissan Altima in for recalls. It is much more reliable. I paid $3k for it. The main reason I am selling it is because it is too American-ized. The A/C is not working, and it has a complicated Chrysler climate control system designed for old rich people who can't decide decide whether they are hot or cold. This is a great car for a mercedes lover who doesnt want to spend a lot of money. This classic car is 28 years old (that's 196 in dog years. run this good when 196 years old you are, good you will be running) which means it has a few things wrong with it. The hood release has to be pulled with plyers, the heater is rigged, the starter switch doesnt work right. (I put an extra push button switch in.) Im really giving it away at this price.

Condition: My neighbor is selling a 560 sedan for $10K if you absolutely have to have one in perfect condition. I would keep it if I had more parking. Maybe I should pull the engine and put it in an SL body, which seems dumb, because this thing is like an SL with a back seat. What I should really do is get rid of the Altima before it falls apart completely and invest that money into the MBZ. maybe it's not for sale. (who knows....) "
1974 Triumph TR6
1999 Saab 9-5 wagon (wife's)