View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 06:09 PM
All-seeing, all-knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Good! I really like the NRA they do some good work! I want to become a lifetime member when I have a spare few bucks.
I like the NRA... most of the time... However, they have taken a few stupid PETA-like extremist stances in the past which I thought were counter-productive, but hey... Nobody's perfect.

Another thing that I'm not too crazy about is the fact that the NRA membership roster inherently provides quite a handy quick-reference guide to the names and contact info. of the most enthusiastic gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters around the nation.

At first glance, this sounds great...

...Until you think about how much easier it would make it to identify and locate those folks (including you and I!), should the federal government (or a state government) ever decide to use that membership roster to go on a gun-snatching rampage, just as Nagin and company did in N'awlins.

Yes, I know that that sounds a little paranoid and "tin-foil-hat-conspiracy-theory-ish", but... After seeing what they got away with in the aftermath of Katrina, arbitrarily and boldly confiscating all those legally-owned firearms... It seems a LOT more plausible nowadays.

All they seem to need now is a good solid "national crisis" excuse, and all of a sudden the Bill of Rights is optional.

Just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Mike
_____
1982 300D-gone---sold to a buddy
_____
1985 300TD
270,000 miles
_____
1994 E320
not my favorite, but the wife wanted it

www.myspace.com/mikemover
www.myspace.com/openskystudio
www.myspace.com/speedxband