View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 AM
GemstoneGlass

euro 300d to 300dt engine shock question/ oil pan swap

First the engine shocks from the toasted original na617 are mounted to a bracket on the oil pan and to the frame. The turbo engine has them connected to the motor mount and to the inner fender moulding. I see a place for the driver side shock to go, but on the right side the mount for the engine shock comes foreward and there is no bracket for it. I looked at a turbo setup at the boneyard and there was a small bracket welded to the body for the right engine shock. I have no such bracket. I hope this isnt a euro thing again. I was wondering if the oil pans will interchange. The turbo pan dosen't have a place for the engine shock bracket to mount.
I am sure there are many other questions I will have during this process. I have become familiar with the 616 over the past year and a half. this is a new beast. Yes its only been that long since I baught my first MB. It happended to be a euro. It needed a timing chain. I searched the web for info and landed at this site. Now I'm completely sucked in.
Thanks again for the help

Chris
84 280sl
82 300d euro