View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebilly View Post
And I would like to know ....why not run all of the busses in NOLA on bio-diesel???

SB
Thanks for the responses and those requests to keep this thread on point.

Would love to see the NOLA buses running on bioD but trying to start small with some increased awareness. As the Mardi Gras festival is a multi-millionaire dollar organization with huge amounts of investment from the local powers that be, it is a good start.

If Kern Productions is willing to make the jump then I believe others will follow. If you've seen the people who attend the post-parade balls you know that MG brings out some of the biggest and oldest money in city.

Given the investment and risks with such an operation I'm only going to be looking at fuel suppliers who can supply at ASTM standards and not homebrewers.

The other problem right now in LA is availability. There is currently only 1 b100 supplier in the entire state. I'm aware of a few investors who are looking to build a plant here, but none of it will be in time for next years parades, let alone supplying a bus fleet.

I'm hoping that there will be a commitment within the next few weeks so that a press release will come out. Kern has nothing to lose and everything to gain from such a deal, especially since the next parade is 1 year away.
2007 Pinarello F3:13
1995 Ducati 916 (SOLD, sniff)
1999 Ducati 900SSie (SOLD)