View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Chief Enforcement Agent

Thumbs down Nasty warmth, too early

I'd love some 40-degree temperatures here (and I do mean degrees Fahrenheit, thankyouverymuch).

Winter is, as usual in The Swamp, almost over, and earlier than ever this year. We had a high of 76 on Sunday. Drier than usual, but still far too frickin' warm for this time of year! March will be more of the same, but with humidity, and for April through November, I can predict the weather forecast: "Low 80, high 92, humidity 100% at dawn, 68% at 2 pm, with a 40% chance of afternoon thundershowers."

Gack. The same old garbage. The people who say they love such conditions have never worked outdoors in said conditions, and spend their time in air-conditioned offices. Just walking to your car down here makes you feel as though your whole body has been dipped in glue. . . .

I'm not saying 13 inches of snow is a good thing, except on occasion (read: when I don't have to go out!). But at least snow doesn't come into your car or house like flood waters do.

It's the contrast in seasons that I love. Two hundred and seventy days a year of the same climate conditions, hot or cold, is way too much of any one thing.
Formerly:
'97 C230, smoke silver/parchment; '86 420SEL, anthracite/light grey; '84 280CE (W123), dark blue/palomino