View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 11:26 AM
New England Hick

So far, my collection consists on one ad out of a magazine. I will keep my eye out for anything else I come across though.

After I bought my TD, my mother asked me what year it was and I told her. Later the following day she came into my office with an ad out of the 12/79 Gourmet Magazine featuring the full line of 1980 MB Diesels (300SD/CD/TD/D and the 240D).

"Why choose a Diesel from a line of cars when you can choose a Mercedes-Benz from a line of Diesels? For 1980 Mercedes-Benz makes three different sedans, a station wagon, a coupe, three engines and two transmissions. And offers 44 years of Diesel experience."

I don't know how she found it so fast, I'm the only MB owner in the family so it's not like she's been holding onto it for all of these years. I guess she was throwing out some old magazines and thumbed through them all before tossing them.

Right now it's just in a sheet protector but I do plan on trimming it and having it framed to hang in my office at home. So while it's only in its infancy, my interest has been piqued.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)