View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
Sure it works, if you agree to the other side of the coin.

Govt. control of industry.

Artificial currency value.

Systematic removal whole villages and towns in the name of the motherland.

Rewriting the birth records to make people dissappear.

etc.

China is what Castro aspires to be.

Nah... we don't have anything like that...

1) OSHA, DEP, EPA, SEC, and more.

2) Our currency is so over inflated at the moment it isn't even funny -- google search for more.

3) eminent domain - talk to anyone who has had entire (or portions) parcels of land taken for far less than the developed value.

4) Nah... this never happens. Our government doesn't do things that could hurt the people. We didn't nuclear test in the Nevada, We didn't do radiation testing on thyroids, and we certainly never allowed anything like the tuskegee experiments to take place.

5) In addition, we have countless local, county, state, and federal workers who suck our pockets dry with job security while others in the community go hungry or just scrape by.

We live in a nation that is "representative of the people" yet those that represent us travel everywhere in limousines and eat the finest foods.

And the "Common Good" -- a cloak for communism -- take a look at how our entire society is forced to pay for the education of other people's children. If I have 1 kid or 10 kids, my tax burden is the same -- and if anything, the more kids I have the LESS I pay in taxes.

So, please, while I don't want to live in a communist nation, let's not make it out to be so far from how we live - the reality is, it isn't.

And as of late -- more so is -- speak out against the administration and you have laws "enforced" to keep you from doing so. (example: Cindy Sheehan @ Bush Ranch).

We live in a wonderful land, and yes, it is far better than many -- but there are many with better attributes in some respects -- ones we should strive to emulate and others we shouldn't. I find we have, as of late, striven to emulate the latter.

Pete