View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Cool *** I'm fighting the fight... ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
...it's never too late...the only thing that hurts us is the unwillingness to realize this tragedy for what it is dispicable. On another thread one remarked if it's not in my backyard well then who cares....guess what it's here in all our backyards and what's worse is it costs more and more to house these neophites...Education of our kids and a no tolerance approach towards these idiots is all we have...fight the fight...
The idea that it's not in your backyard is tantamount to sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the problem. It's typical of a chickens'/politicians' type of response.

Everytime, before I go to vote...I look up the candidates and will question them, face-to-face on these types of subjects.

When their response is something like, "Well, you have to look at the whole picture..." they don't get my vote. Why? If they want to look at EVERYTHING but the victim, they are pandering for votes, not justice. Don't put pussies in a responsible position of POWER. Put people in that are willing to tell you, straight to your face, that there should be no tolerance for this type of crime, WHAT-SO-EVER.

If they can't do that, they're probably hiding something, either personal or relative to their own circumstances.

And I'm not willing to risk my grandkids' lives for a pussy-answer from a pussy.

What's nice about this thread/forum - you can say what you feel.

The problem?

It makes you feel better inside, but does NOTHING outside.

Getting out and telling the politicians, who make/write the laws, that THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING THESE THINGS CLEANED UP...THAT'S THE HARDEST PART OF ALL... That doesn't mean that it can't be done. It means that it's not going to be easy to find the right person for the job. But, the right people are out there. We just need to find them, elect them and keep them there.

Then, get proper legislation written, approved and judge-proofed.

Then you'll get to feeling a bit better.

Otherwise, you have to let your religion take over. And judging by what I've read, on other threads, over the past week or so, we're in a world of hurt if that's all we've got to protect our kids.

Sorta' makes you wish that show, THE EQUALIZER, was real, doesn't it?

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~