View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Cool *** It's the innocents that's lost as a result of... ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
...Maybe I just don't see but why is this particular crime so different from rape, murder and all that?
Maybe because it ISN'T about the pervs...it's about the kids AFTER they've been violated.

We don't get to meet the kids that have been damaged by the pervs. That's to protect their IDs.

The pervs. have already committed the crime ... taking avantage of the child's curiousity.

Why don't we have kids signing contracts before they're 18? Too many folks out there that want to scam 'em.

Why don't we allow kids to drink alcohol? Hey, I was all for underage drinking when I was 16! Too many reasons here...

Why don't we allow kids to marry and have their own kids when they start bleeding? They don't know, or understand, the amount of responsibility that goes w/raising kids. Use your "Rot-vs-11yo" example. There are some ADULTS that shouldn't be allowed "Gene-Pool-Priviledges" at all!

And to answer the question, there's no difference in crime against adults and children.

It's just that with this particular crime, the only victim that can be a victim is a child. That's probably why some people (I plead guilty!) feel as strong about punishing these pervs as we do.

It's not so much that the victim MIGHT have thought it was OK (It's not!) but that they were talked into it. They (the vics) haven't even been alive long enough to make those types of rational decisions on their own.

And to have a perv rape, photograph, sell, whatever, of the child and then plead that "We're consenting..." as his excuse? I'd rather slit his throat before I'd listen to anymore crap coming from his face. The child doesn't even have a choice in the matter and perv could care less if they were alive or dead when they're done with them. The child is just another "shot-in-the-dark" for his perverse pleasure.

It's an adult-vs-kid issue more than anything else. And the adult is holding all the cards. The kids never, nor will they ever, have a chance if the game's already stacked against them before they even get there.

That's what makes this issue so bloody hateful.

Put two pervs in a ring. Who cares? They deserve each other.

Put a perv and a 13yo in a ring. I'm "sniping" the perv before the the first bell. That kid needs a chance to be a kid before he/she has to deal w/adult issues.

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~

Last edited by mgburg; 03-04-2007 at 04:53 PM.