View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym View Post
Hey,
I have a question I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

I went camping with the gf this weekend. We knew it was going to rain but we figured we would tought it out. Well we figured wrong. Everything got wet so we packed up around 11:30 and decided to drive home. About a 2 hour drive.

It was probably around 1:00 or so and I was cruising down a straight road doing 100mph or so. I mean this road was so straight we went for many miles without a turn, no other cars in sight. Around the City of Bunnell I was pulled over. The cop said I was doing 92mph in a 60 zone.
He gave me a ticket but it said "Failure to observe a traffic signal" And he didn't put the fine amount on the ticket.
So now I'm wondering what I should do. Should I try to fight this? I don't really want to go to court. Bunnell isn't very close to me. I know in New York if a ticket wasn't filled out properly it was considered defective and you could get it thrown out. I actually did this in New York twice.

Or should I send a check for zero dollars and claim I fufilled my obligation?

Any other ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Danny
Does it have any points? If not, pay it. If so, fight it. I always fight. I make those pricks work for their money and not just give it to them. Otherwise they will stick more pricks on wheels whenever they feel they need more revenue.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow