View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Hmmm that depends. I work ourside of Atlantic City and my toll over the BBB is only $2 and I have to pay it either way so its definately worth it to me.

For you lets do the math. you will need to try it one time at least and see what the prices are like across whatever bridge you are near AND how "far" across your bridge the nearest gas station. if the most convenient gas state is 20 miles over the bridge its not worth it but if like the BBB there is a gas station withing 1 mile of the bridge it should be worth it.

Usually diesel is at least 25-30 cents cheaper in Jersey than in PA (at least in PA near me Levittown PA)

this means there is a $3 difference PER 10 gallons of gasoline. .30x10

So I would save $6 per tank if I FILLED it or pretty close to filled it. in THAT specific case it would be worth it if the Gas station was VERY close you would save $3 still BUT you also need to add your fuel consumption to GO GET that cheaper gas. a Gallon of diesel would almost eat up your savings combined with the $3 toll making it not worth it unless YOU lived very close to the bridge AND there was a gas station JUST on the other side. Example if you lived in croydon and used the BBB it would definately be worth it as you would save $6 and only spend $2 for the toll and maybe a 1/4gallon of gas worst case scenario.

So you have to decide for yourself how much its worth but you can save around $6 for a full 20gallon tank. if you have a larger tank its definately worth it.

Example my van has a 35 gallon tank there are no conditions where its not worth going to NJ to fill it :-)

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/