View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 09:06 PM
mattsuzie

Just FYI, the guy who quoted $950 was going to "tape" over everything none painted. He was not going to take any of the door jams, light assemblies, etc. off. Most of the expensive paint jobs include taking everything off. The warranty was for 4 years.

I went to another guy personally and he quoted me $2000 and he would take everything off and an unlimited time warranty. The paint he was going to use was from "ICI" a subdidivision from PPG, I was told.

I called the Mercedes dealership and they told me the paint code for the car was "904" which is midnight blue, but there was no code for the bumpers and molding - he thought that meant that the bumpers and molding then would also be midnight blue. The guy who quoted me for $2000 said he doubted that the bumpers would look exactly like the car from the factory (even if it was the same color it would be different paint with a glossier look) , but nonetheless he was going to look it up tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the bumpers should look exactly like the car from the factory (speaking of a 1990 300 SEL midnight blue?)