View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Bleeding the clutch can be a bucket of worms for the "first timer" and even though your gona have to do it some day if you keep the car, I wouldn't do it now unless your brake fluid was really grungy. If you decide to do it theres lots in the archives.
No, actually the brake fluid was pretty clear... But doesn't the same concept of the brake fluid getting watery and thus damaging to the lines and brake components apply also to the fluid that travels through the lines and components that go to the clutch, thereby making it imperative that it be changed once a year? A "bucket of worms," eh?

The question is, should I do it or should I not?

Let me tell you, I bought this car two years ago and for these past two years (this went on until last month) all I did was change the engine oil twice a year and add diesel fuel to the tank and drive the car... But at least I've been very gentle to it. The previous owner was a total pothead and I very much doubt he took good care of the car (he had absolutely no service records to show...) He hated the car because it was "too slow for his taste" and, by what he told me, I gathered he almost sadistically kept beating it up hoping one day it would die... The durability and resilience of these cars never cease to amaze me. I literally saved this car from that guys' constant abuse, and now I would like to take good care of it...

Rino