View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 AM

G-benz - I really don't have any oil leaks, or at least not anything major. I do keep an eye on it. I've only had to add oil to it once in the last 3 years and that was probably a year and a half ago and right now the dip stick is half way between full and empty.

I can't swear that I don't see any oil in the overflow, but it sure does not look like it. I just see the coolant level going down. But I don't drive the car enough. Just around the block once or twice 1 time a week. Maybe I should do it more than that then check it out? But the engine does not make any noises, and my mechanic said if I cracked my engine block he would think it would be making some kind of noise. Like a pinging sound or a clanging sound. A knocking type sound. I don't hear any noise like that.

By the coolant level going down. Last Sunday I filled it to the full level, and today it was probably 3/4 of that. And from last Sunday to today, all it did was sit (except for the drive around the block). When I moved my car is when I saw the trail of coolant from the back part of the engine (I would say the mid point of the car maybe), to the front of the car.