View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Thank you for the feedback!

Hello TMAllison,

Thank you for the reply and the encouragement, I really appreciate it!

So, if I understand you correctly… I should reconnect the metal lines back to the diesel Injection Pump's Delivery Valves (once all O-rings and Copper Seals have been replaced, the Pressure Valve Holder torqued only once to 35 Nm and the collars reinstalled). Then disconnect the metal lines at the injectors?

I guess I will then have to place six empty cups on top of the engine's Valve Cover where I've disconnected the metal lines to collect the diesel fuel when turning the engine over.

As the engine is not getting any fuel from the Injection Pump (during this process), will there be enough pressure caused by the “turning over” of the engine's Injection Pump to force fresh diesel fuel through the Injection Pump and then out of the metal lines, just before the injectors?

I've also rinsed the Pressure Valve Carriers (paying close attention to reinstalling them with the machined grove/ridge at the bottom), Pressure Valves and Compression Springs in clean diesel fuel. I then dipped the new black rubber O-rings in clean engine oil - as I was a bit weary of using the NEW ULSD fuel, for fear of the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel fuel breaking down the new O-rings prematurely; as I did not replace them with Viton!

Also, thanks for the link to the "diesel delivery reseal.pdf" file.

I have reworked and converted the original diagram to a new JPG file that is clearer and much easier to read and attached it below...
Attached Thumbnails
W210 (606.962) E300DT Injection Pump Questions...-s-delivery-valve.jpg