Thread: Why a Diesel?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2001, 02:55 AM

Now the real truth

Greetings All,

I think everyone has great points and reasons why they enjoy their diesel Benz, but I think there's more to it. My first diesel Benz is this '80 300Td still driven daily and parked at my house. The start up racket and clatter tells you it's ready for business. The smell of diesel in the air on a cold morning tells you, it's with you all the way, let's go, I'm a man's car. All of us men, whether we admit it or not like the sound as well as the torque that a diesel has to offer and the sound dignifies our driving experience of a strong engine and of a wimpless power plant. Most women if given the choice won't choose a diesel to drive if they can avoid it. Noise to the female sex is a distraction in most cases, and yet to the male it simply is another source of testosterone. Now with my new to me turbo diesel, I seem to lose some of the rattle of my diesel at highway speeds, but once down to idle speed the sound of an engine running perfectly, but sounding like it's falling apart is music to my ears. It's a relationship not only with our car that we have, but a respect for it's chunk of cast iron we call a diesel engine.

Charles