View Single Post
Old 12-02-2001, 08:15 PM

1992 300CE caliper removal help...

Could use some input as to how to get the damn calipers off the car so I can do my brake job.

Discs and pads are easy once the caliper is off I can easily do the job.

I can get the bottom 19mm bolt off. The top one is very hard to get to with a socket, and I don't have enough leverage and torque to break it loose.

I was thinking a 19mm open ended wrench could work in that tight spot, otherwise I'm open to suggestions.

I might just whip it down to my mech and have him break it loose for me then tighten it down so I can do it myself.

But I'd rather save the trip to him to get him to do just that. If I can break it loose myself.

I'm going to get some penatrating oil or liquid wrench or something, spray it in there and let it soak for a little bit, then try breaking it loose with a larger wrench if I can.

Any input to all you DIY'ers as to what I can do without having one of those air compressed hammer drills to knock the sucker loose?

I have no problems with picking up a good extension/wobble/socket etc to do it. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool... hehe

Alon