View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 PM

Yeah, I tried that acetone stuff too.

Unfortunately, it did virtually nothing for my mileage, either. After several tanks, I stopped using it altogether.

Then I found brittle return lines, poor injector spray patterns, and many air leaks in the system. After those were remedied I could claim an increase of 22% in efficiency. My diesels now return high 20's consistently with foot-to--the-floor acceleration when traffic is clear.

That said, I did notice easier starting with the small amount of acetone I used. Plus, the idle seemed a tad smoother. Also, at WOT all wisps of black had vanished, and a barely visible whitish cloud exited the tailpipe in its place, even from a dead stop.

Regardless of that, I never saw a measurable increase in efficiency. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't make a difference for the 603. At the time of recording I was only getting about 18 - 20 mpg on winter fuel (so 1 - 2 mpg was equal to a lofty 5 - 10%, unmeasurable considering the variable fuel quality).

Currently, my SDL runs perfect (SD parked in heated garage), achieves 28 mpg WITHOUT any additives after a "diesel purge" with MMO.

Its probably a total waste of time. But it can't hurt, as my emissions are far less (especially at WOT with the ALDA removed).

I'd be a fool to use this garbage, as Forced has clearly displayed his compiled fuel statistics over many months. Thats definite proof. But I'm a fool by nature. If something ain't broken, fix it until it is....That's me.

I'm not expecting anything at all in regards to fuel economy (but would hope for improvements, perhaps in vain), although I appreciate the cleaner emissions. No other additive I've used before made my exhaust this clean.

I will try this snake oil again...I'm not expecting anything from it, but it costs almost nothing to add it to the tank, and it is in such low concentration I will not worry about the obvious implications cited here and about the 'Net. If it keeps my exhaust emissions clean; that's worth it enough for me.