View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Since two of these will definitely stay below 5K per year, I took a look at it.

The restrictions are quite severe. Not only can you not commute with the vehicle, but, you cannot take it to any "destination". You cannot take it on a trip.........can't go to a store..........cannot go to another person's house.

All you can do is to take it on a drive with no destination.........or drive it to a car show.

The cost is negligible...........but.........I forsee these people denying coverage at the slightest hint of a policy violation.
I have Hagerty and don't believe they are all that restrictive. For one thing they have no specific mileage restrictions. The fact is they only want you to use the car for pure "pleasure driving" or for service or collector events. This is the wording on their website: "Drivers can enjoy their classics with comfortable limits. Our policy allows for an occasional leisure drive, not just to parades or car events." No daily commuting and no regular errands. They also require that you have another daily driver with insurance coverage at least as good as what you buy from them (in other words the liability limits must be at least the same or greater).

I do like the fact that they only charge for one liability charge regardless of how many cars you insure with them. It makes perfect sense since you can't drive more than one at a time so it does not really matter if you have 1 car or 10 insured for liability. It's a scam the "regular" insurance companies don't want you to think too much about.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz