View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

I was another guy rooting all along for you to go ahead with the purchase and the trip, glad it's happening-congrats!!! This sounds like a very good car, that you'll really enjoy having with you for many years.

Be sure to carry extra antifreeze and water for the car, and blankets and drinks and granola bars for you and your friend. Carry the extra filters you'd need, and make sure the oil, brake fluid, belts, and hoses and antifreeze is good, before you leave San Jose. Hopefully the heater and defroster work well....

I trust there are no problems in driving through all those states without " one trip permits" and such. You are likely covered by your car's "newly acquired auto" clause which kicks in automatically for 30 days after you get the car. Just notify them when you can.

It will be a trip to remember for a lifetime. The secenery is spectacular! I was asked to drive a new gray market 1984 500SEC AMG coupe from San Francisco out to Denver the week before Christmas 1985 for a man I knew who wanted his car with him when he skiied at Aspen. It was great, and with the ski rack on the car it made me feel really, really rich too. At the end of the trip I knew I'd try and purchase an SEC one day, and finally, about 10 years later, I did.....

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)