View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 PM

It's been a while since I started this thread--thought I'd provide an update.

I exchanged emails with several US ebay sellers, none of them could tell me what type of output signals their units provided. I also exchanged emails with some German Ebay sellers, same story, although the German Ebay sellers seemd to have more information available on the item description. I also spoke to a few alarm shops and concluded they should be avoided. No one seemed to really understand the MB lock system.

I finally did buy a unit from a German Ebay site. It was advertised as having a window rollup signal. This signal turned out to be a "semiconductor sink to ground" (not the positive supply advertised in the item description) It did work to rollup the windows and arm the alarm but I decided not to use it. Because the 30 second signal was present with every lock, it caused excessive relay clicking.

I ended up building a time delay circuit to duplicate what happens when you turn and/or hold the key in the lock or unlock position. The time delays are triggered by the outputs of the remote unit. I can now lock/unlock doors and rollup/rolldown windows via the remote.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking....lots of effort for a keyless entry, but it's what keeps me entertained. I attached a couple pictures. One of the circuit in breadboard form, the other two in finished form. If there is any interest I'll provide a schematic. Total parts cost is less than $10.00, the remote unit from the German Ebay site was about 38 Euro including shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
95 E320 keyless entry-keyless-10.jpg   95 E320 keyless entry-keyless-9.jpg   95 E320 keyless entry-keyless-14.jpg