View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centroid1 View Post
you can say that again. we have made a verbal and email agreement to buy it and i'll pay him cash when we meet. the only thing i've paid in advance is the vehicle inspection by a mechanic and the mechanic again to change belts and such for the trip. so if i back out, he'll have new belts. i thought that was fair, kinda like a deposit.

i know you guys probably can't answer this but i'm just sort of talking out loud. so if i have a bill of sale, proof of insurance from my insurance and i'm just driving home, do i have to get the one trip fee from every state ? or just CA ?
To the best of my knowledge and experience the temporary permit is considered a one way trip to destination. No matter where it is. I have purchased cars in the states and travelled across many states with the one permit. Even stopped once for having the permit displayed in a non compliance position in another state. Including canadian provinces. Also the customs people consider it valid from the originating state. The permit was legal. We basically call them transit permits up here.

Last edited by barry123400; 03-22-2007 at 05:28 AM.