View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:44 PM
85 300D 4spd+tow+h4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdrivingfool View Post
bought this from a junkyard. paid $1700. drove it home. needs brakes all around for sure. a/c, cruise, door locks dont work, rear level system is out of fluid (i hope thats all thats wrong with it). clear coat is peeling bad, florida car. no rust though. engine and trans feel good. interior is clean. 191k on it.

i felt like i got a good deal, what do y'all think?

my first official project car, i dont know where to start. needs alot of tlc.

i want to add a wvo conversion kit to it and turn up the power a little (if possible)

lookin forward to fixin it up lil by lil when funds become available. . will keep y'all posted on my progress/setbacks.

please feel free to laugh, make jokes, comments, tips, suggestions, etc..
I paid 1800 (1980 3rd row) for mine with a paint job, complete front end, SLS, and transmission rebuild within last 10 years (hardly driven during that time). The brake calipers had frozen and wouldnt allow the car to go more than a few miles. Replaced brakes and my wife has been driving it ever since. Granted it wasnt a turbo, but my recent experience with turbos make me want to stick with the NA. So much off the line torque. My only other real complaint is the rear diff gearing (3.47). I think instead of swapping the rear end I am going to slap the biggest wheels I can find on the wagon. I think the 3.07 will be way to slow for accel.

That being said, I LOVE driving that car. So smooth, great for sunday driving.
#1987 300D Sturmmachine
#1991 300D Nearly Perfect
#1994 E320 Cabriolet
#1995 E320 Touring
#1985 300D Sedan
OBK #42