Thread: Florida
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2000, 02:59 AM
dfndr

I'm reiterating my recommendation of Continental Imports in Gainesville for anyone north of Orlando. These guys know Mercedes, do a lot of them, and have diagnostic equipment and informational resources that most shops and even most dealers just don't have!

I learned this today when my 600 SEL developed a miss and the check engine light came on. I am now about two and a half hours from Gainesville, so I called Steve Brotherton at Continental and asked him whether I should drive the car to him or whether, instead, I should get it looked at locally. He advised me to have it checked out locally rather than take a chance on the road. He even suggested a shop to take it to.

Steve's shop recommendation was on the mark and they diagnosed the problem (it was a vacuum leak) and the part is on order, but during the diagnostic process, the shop owner noted that Continental serviced many more Mercedes and that Continental had all kinds of equipment and informational that his shop just didn't have. (Not a knock on the second shop; just illustrative of how far advanced Continental is in working with Mercedes.)

To further illustrate how Continental takes care of you, Steve was in contact with the other shop owner and discussed the car's condition with him.

If Continental Imports was a hotel, it would have a 5-star rating!

Brian

[This message has been edited by dfndr (edited 08-31-2000).]