View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:56 AM
And I only had one lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Delor View Post
I happen to drive by it again today... It has 233k miles, and current owner (he claims about 8 months of ownership) says he bought it from the original owner. He claims it was the original owner's wife's car.
Not only will the hood need replacing, but the impact (supposedly with a large planter) also pushed in the radiator, and pushed the horn mounting screws into the condensor. It's going to need paint on the replacement hood, the right fender, and possibly door (long scratch). It started immediately and ran well, with just a little bit of wobble. Didn't hear any chain slap - so maybe it was replaced at least once in its life.

I think he decided that he bit off more than he could chew, and is asking $1500 for it - I think it "obo" offer is going to be used. All of the bundt rims are above average in condition - I couldn't decide which one was the spare rim.

The VIN, if anybody is interested: WDB1260441A007731
Wow, sounds like an excellent candidate for a fuel injected, Big Bock Chevy, and six speed manual. Since it needs some cosmetic work, and has those miles on it. I'd pay $1000.oo for it right now, and buy the hood from the junk yard.