View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM

My next rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtoo View Post
Mine was no problem. It took one person and one screw driver. I guess they all are different.

Good idea about the rubber band. Those vanes AIN'T gonna stay in place if they have anything to say about it.
I am a little paranoid about changing the wear patterns on the vanes, that is why I am going to use a rubber band to hold them in. I also wonder about the thing on the other half of the pump that is held in by a clip. I assume it is the pressure regulator because the last one had "110" written on it and it was a 110 bar pump. It has a bolt on the back side with a little screen in the middle.

Are there replaceable seals in there?

Am I better off not messing with it?

I didn't undo last one because I was afraid of some spring exploding out when I take it apart. My main concern was the shaft seal which would get all dried up in a parts car in the scorching sun.

Also, I am wondering if there are seals on the connections to the pump. It looks like metal-to-metal, but the guy who is supplying the pump said he was including O-rings for that. I did not see any O-rings come out when I took the old one out.