View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Glutton for punishment

Now that you have all the parts for the conversion, you need to remove your power sunroof. This has been covered in other threads on the forum and is pretty straightforward. You will also need to remove the cable and motor assembly. Dont forget to remove the rails which hold the felt in place on the sides of the opening, as these are different on the manual sunroof. If there is any rust in your sunroof area this would be a good time to take care of it.

Picture 1 - Shows me removing one of the screws that holds the rail on that also holds the felt strip in place.

Picture 2 - Shows the rail removed. Note the felt strip behind it. It's going to hurt if you want to replace these ($25 each)

Picture 3 - This shows the power sunroof removed from the vehicle.

You want to remove everything from your original sunroof with the exception of the front guides. Next you want to install the parts from the manual sunroof.

Picture 4 - Shows one of the little clips I removed with an awl, the tabs are a little bent and I straightened them using two pairs of pliers. They pop into place with a tap from a hammer.

Picture 5 - This picture shows one of the wheels one the manual sunroof mechanism. This wheel was missing the rubber so I improvised by making a replacement rubber wheel from electrical tape.(so far it's working great)

(Please do not respond until we are finished posting the pictorial)
Attached Thumbnails
Power to Manual Sunroof Conversion Pictorial-sunroof023.jpg   Power to Manual Sunroof Conversion Pictorial-sunroof024.jpg   Power to Manual Sunroof Conversion Pictorial-sunroof025.jpg   Power to Manual Sunroof Conversion Pictorial-sunroof031.jpg   Power to Manual Sunroof Conversion Pictorial-sunroof030.jpg