View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:16 AM

t walgamuth.....i have never been in a sedan from the same era myself........why do u say that coupes had more hands on than a sedan? wouldnt it have been built with the same respects.....as far as making the parts by hand....thats a whole other animal.......monster comes to mind.......my mind has already set on mold and casting the wood trim in fiberglass.....i wouldnt know where to start on hand crafting the same pieces.......then again i am no woodworker.....put up a few walls and some roofing.....couple book shelves and routed some round corners on stock.......but trim for this thing????.....uhhhhh........wellllllll.........the thing is.....................hmmmm.........i cant.....i wouldnt know where to begin......i wonder what was the build time for one of these cars....a couple of weeks? month?......the really cool thing i found was on the back of the trim....penciled numbers and some sort of sribble.....i assume initals or maybe a signature.........for all i know it could be scribble to cover a wrong number.....who ever wrote it left something for me to admire.....wonder if anyone else found a mark left behind....

today after work im gonna sand down the trim and make ready for the mold making........my meager half ass taking the easy way out cheating shameful pathetic lowest of the low attempt to hand make a replacement..........pitiful......comparison.........(sigh)........i might trim up my door panels too.....i made a template in plexi and transferred to aluminum.....the core for the panels will be in sheet aluminum........another shameful attempt.........cheers

grez